A pancake that taste's amazing, can leave you full, AND is guilt free?
Ohhh. Yes please!
‘Flourless’ banana and oat pancakes
This recipe is a healthy, but slightly more adventurous recipe that will create traditional breakfast – style pancakes, otherwise known as scotch pancakes. The ingredients in this recipe are still everyday ingredients, however you will need a blender to make the batter for these pancakes. This recipe is still gluten free, but it is also flour and dairy free, unless you add a spoonful of greek yoghurt to serve!
Preparation time: 5 – 10 minutes
Ingredients (2 servings: half/double as required):
1 Large Free – Range Egg
1 ripe Banana, peeled and chopped
25g of Gluten Free Oats
20g Whey Protein Isolate (90% protein or more) unflavoured ideally
1 tbsp. of Coconut Oil (as needed to cook).
1. Using your blender, mix the egg, chopped banana, gluten free oats and whey protein to make your batter.
2. Make sure the mixture is smooth, silky and blended well (with no lumps!). If you’re keen, you can leave the batter to stand for 15 – 30 minutes until thickened slightly. If not, dive right in and get cooking!
3. Heat your coconut oil in a non – stick frying pan (ideally ceramic) over a medium heat. Spread the oil generously around the pan.
4. Spoon small amounts of the batter into the pan (roughly 3 to 4 pancakes), and cook until golden; roughly 1 minute each side.
5. Keep using the above method until all your batter has been used.
6. Serve with the MPN favourites below!
Fresh Blueberries and raspberries,
Some freshly squeezed lemon. Why not try orange juice?
1 tbsp of Manuka/Organic Honey, Date Syrup, or Agave Nectar,
1 handful (roughly 28 g) of chopped and crushed cashew nuts,
25g of 80% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, chopped finely and slowly melted (oooh!)
Whole Fat Greek Yoghurt.
Nutritional Information (without accompaniments)
Two servings provide (approximately):
416 Kcal, Fat 15.4g (Saturates 5.8g), Carbohydrates 42.6g (Sugars 3.8g), Protein 31g, Salt 0.1.
Let us know how you get on!
Post your photo’s to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and tag us @mypinnaclenutrition for Facebook and Instagram, and @mypinnaclesupps for Twitter!